Tu sei quiHome › Workshop MOMAR
“COASTAL OBSERVING AND FORECASTING SYSTEMS, TODAY & TOMORROW”
Livorno, April 18-19, 2012
COASTAL OBSERVING AND FORECASTING SYSTEMS, TODAY & TOMORROW, an international workshop focused on reviewing existing systems for control and forecast of marine coastal areas, was dedicated to observational systems, operational coastal hydrodynamic and biogeochemical modeling, integrated systems and coastal observatories, and applications of integrated systems.
The workshop was organized by LaMMA Consortium within the EU funded MOMAR project - “Integrated system for monitoring and control of the marine environment”, and it was aimed to creating a common path of marine and coastal monitoring between Sardinia, Tuscany and Corsica. The present monitoring procedures, especially as regards the Tuscan Archipelago, need to be upgraded, as shown by recent events such as the issues related to the sinking of the Costa Concordia at the Isola del Giglio.
The workshop objectives were to give an accurate picture of the state of the art of control and forecast of marine coastal areas, as well as to motivate new research and applications within the variety of disciplines related to coastal observing and forecasting system.
Session 1 - Coastal observations systems: remote and in-situ measurements of today and tomorrow
Chairman: Pierre-Marie Poulain
- In-situ based observations systems - Giuseppe M.R. Manzella, ENEA
- Lagrangian observations, an overview - Pierre-Marie Poulain, OGS
- Lagrangian observations networks - Luca Centurioni, SIO
- New EO products for Regional and Coastal Oceanography - Paolo Cipollini, NOC
- Satellite based monitoring and ocean color observations - Francis Gohin, IFREMER
- Ocean gliders for coastal monitoring - Baptiste Mourre, NURC
- Biogeochemical measurements from today to tomorrow: AUVs to UAV - Charles Trees, NURC
- Radar and drifter measurements for rapid response to marine accidents: the TOSCA network - Annalisa Griffa, CNR-ISMAR.
Session 2 - Operational coastal modelling: reliability and applications
Chairman: Jean-Marie Beckers
- Ocean-atmosphere interactions and their role in coastal areas - Jacopo Chiggiato, CNR-ISMAR
- The Mediterranean Ocean Forecasting System - Marina Tonani, INGV
- Mesoscale modelling issues - Pierre Garreau, IFREMER
- Data Assimilation and their impact in coastal modelling - Jean-Marie Beckers, University of Liège.
- Biogeochemical regional models - Cosimo Solidoro, OGS
- The Coastal Engineering scale - Francesco Lalli, ISPRA.
Session 3 - Integrated Sea monitoring systems and Coastal Observatories
Chairman: Joaquín Tintoré
- Coastal Observatories: SOCIB - Joaquín Tintoré
- Coastal Observatories: COSYNA - Friedhelm Schroeder
- The Poseidon Systems - Leonidas Perivoliotis
Session 4 - Applications of integrated systems and EU regulations
Chairman: Francois Galgani
- Coastal oil spill monitoring: the SOS-Bocche project - Andrea Cucco, CNR- IAMC
- Transnational integrated sea monitoring perspectives: the MOMAR project - Carlo Brandini, LaMMA
- Marine litter, observation/modelling and MSFD - Francois Galgani, IFREMER
- Applications to coastal scales product: the BFD - Marco Deserti, ARPA ER.
- IMEDIA cruise: Tracking of eddies and meanders of the Northern Current in late winter (11-22 march 2012) - I. Pairaud (IFREMER), D. Fernandez, D. Le Berre, H. Benabdelmoumene, L. Bellomo, P. Garreau.
- X-Band Radar System for sea surface monitoring - G. Ludeno, S. Flamporius, A. Orlandi, C. Brandini, C. Lugni, F. Soldovieri, F. Serafino.
- COSMEMOS: a collaborative project - A. Antonini , E. Barro, R. Benedetti, S. Cristofori, A. Orlandi, A. Ortolani, L. Rovai
- Satellite and in situ monitoring of marine coastal waters in the Ligurian and North Tyrrhenian seas within the MOMAR Project - C. Lapucci, C. Brandini, A. Ortolani , F. Maselli, L. Massi, F. Galgani, C. Nuccio, B. Gozzini
YachtGOOS - A Recreational, Global Ocean Observing System - J. Allen (MyOcean Resources Ltd, Hornchurch, U.K.), E. Tesi, C. Fitzgerald, M. Unetti, J. Dunning and P. Cipollini.
COSMEMOS: a collaborative project (poster) - A. Antonini (LaMMA Consortium, Florence, Italy), E. Barro, R. Benedetti, S. Cristofori, A. Orlandi, A. Ortolani , L. Rovai.
Easy And Safe Yachting - L. Bardelli (ITSLAB, Italy).
COASTALT: Coastal Altimetry contributes to regional sea level monitoring - P. Cipollini (Marine Physics and Ocean Climate, National Oceanographic Centre, U.K.), S. Vignudelli, A. Scozzari, J. Benveniste and the COASTALT Team.
Drifter experiment in the Tuscan Archipelago - R. Gerin (OGS, Trieste, Italy), P.M. Poulain, L. Centurioni and C. McCall
Satellite and in situ monitoring of marine coastal waters in the Ligurian and North Tyrrhenian seas within the MOMAR Project (poster) - C. Lapucci (LaMMA Consortium, Florence, Italy), C. Brandini, A. Ortolani , F. Maselli, L. Massi, F. Galgani, C. Nuccio, B. Gozzini
X-Band Radar System for sea surface monitoring (poster) - G. Ludeno (IREA CNR, Naples, Italy), S. Flamporius, A. Orlandi, C. Brandini, C. Lugni, F. Soldovieri, F. Serafino.
Gliders for Research, Ocean Observation & Management - E. Mauri (OGS, Trieste, Italy), P. Testor, L. Mortier, J. Karstensen, K. Heywood, D. Hayes.
The MyOcean Ocean Colour Thematic Assembling Centre: a new Integrated European Service to access satellite ocean colour data - R. Santoleri (ISAC CNR, Rome, Italy), S. Colella, V. Forneris, G. Volpe, C. Tronconi, E. Böhm, P. Garnesson, A. Mangin, O. Hembise Fanton d’Andon, A. Lintu, F. Melin, F. Gohin, M. Taberner, P. Walker.